The 2022 NZIHF Women’s Triple Star camp will take place between 9-11 December 2022, at Dunedin Ice Stadium.
The camp is open to ALL female players aged 12 years and over. All players wishing to be selected for the Senior Women’s (Ice Fernz) and Under 18 Women’s national teams are expected to attend.
Players can register through the NZIHF’s esportsdesk platform here.
A full event itinerary will be made available closer to the time of the event, but in short, the $195.00 per player price includes:
- Meals – lunches and dinners for everyone (Breakfast NOT INCLUDED)
- Accommodation for out of town players at the Dunedin Holiday Park Lodge (a 10 minute walk from the rink)
- Flights for players from Auckland and Wellington
- Airport – private Bus transport from and to the rink for players flying
- Van travel for players from Canterbury
- Van travel for players from Queenstown depending on numbers, otherwise travel assistance will be supplied
What is the Triple Star Program?
Another branch to the World Class Hockey Program we are building. The Triple Star Program (TSP) will include all NZIHF National Team Coaches and provide all players, coaches and staff the ability to further develop and prepare together in NZ for better experiences both domestically and internationally.
Why is it called Triple Star Program?
It’s a link to the national anthem – “Guard Pacific’s TRIPLE STAR”
The Three Stars:
- Strengthen NZ Identity – pride in the jersey. Pride in how we play.
- Build good Habits/Skills – both on and off the ice. A player/people centric experience that is grounded in wanting to make each individual in attendance better at what they do.
- Grow as a Unit – whānau. Everyone pulling in the same direction.
For players – what does this mean?
- This will be a great opportunity to get together with fellow female players from throughout NZ.
- Participate in the NZIHF new Triple Star Program co-ordinated by Darren Blong
- Be seen and coached by the NZ Ice Fernz, NZW18 and the NZWIHL team selectors and coaches plus skills development coaches.
- Aid in the development of short and long term planning of the women’s program in NZ
- Time will be allocated for on ice, off ice, fitness, physio input, teaching components, guest speaker and of course games.
There is a strong emphasis and required level of fitness particularly for National Team selection, so please make every effort to improve your fitness. Talk with your coaches if you need support in this area. All players will be fitness tested at the camp.
Registration close 26th October.
Be in quick. Limited places available.